Last night was the last episode leading up to the next Ultimate Fighter and it didn’t let down. There was a lot of tension in the house and now it’s down to Roy Nelson and Brendan Schaub who both had very tough roads to get there. Roy Nelson had to defeat Kimbo Slice, Justin Wren, and James McSweeney. Brendan Schaub had to defeat Demico Rogers, Jon Madsen, and Marcus Jones to get to the finals. This has been one of the best seasons that the Ultimate Fighter has had thanks to the crazy’s like Zak Jensen and Matt Mitrione. It’s funny that the show revolved around Kimbo Slice because he only fought once. The thing that I am disappointed in is that Rampage and Rashad won’t fight like the coaches have done in the past. Their disliking for each other is what made this season even more fun to watch then all the others in the past. I also thought it was crazy that McSweeney and Jensen got into it on the last episode. McSweeney was pretty that he had to fight Roy Nelson. I guess I would be too. This Saturday is the Finale of the Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV and it’s going to be a good one. Here is the card for Saturday Night.
* Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs.Brendan Schaub
* Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones
* Catchweight (215 lb) bout: Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander
* Lightweight bout: Frank Edgar vs. Matt Veach
* Heavyweight bout: Marcus Jones vs. Matt Mitrione
* Heavyweight bout: Darrill Schoonover vs. James McSweeney
* Heavyweight bout: Jon Madsen vs. Justin Wren
* Light Heavyweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Rodney Wallace
* Welterweight bout: John Howard vs. Dennis Hallman
* Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Joe Brammer
I am looking forward to the fight between Kimbo Slice and Houston Alexander as well as Marcus Jones and Matt Mitrione. I think the finale is going to be good because Schaub and Nelson both proved during the show they have what it takes. Again both guys had some tough opponents and I think you’re going to see Nelson, Jones, Kimbo, and Schaub all get contracts of some sorts because they do need to spice up the Heavyweight division and these guys are just the guys to do it. The only question I have remaining is now that the show has aired will it prompt Rampage Jackson to come out of retirement and fight Rashad Evans once and for all. The season was built around their disliking for each other so I along with other wish the fight would happen. Only time will tell if it will. It’s been a fun season on the Ultimate Fighter. I can’t wait for next year.